Friday, July 25, 2008

July 25,2008

The chores went well this morning. Nothing to exciting happening today. I had a thought though.....Why are we farmers.... not the usual answer like, we love the land, we love animals, we in hesitated the farm. No, really why do we do farming. Its a gamble and we always seem to be waiting for the big pay off. Its alot of back braking work, we sweat, ache and even cry. Its harder than being a parent. The paybacks are ..... I am still wondering. Is it the peacefulness of the farm..... when is that? The slow pace of farming.... I look at my life and cant hardly find the time to sleep. Its surely not the simple life.... where you own nothing and owe everything. So what is it that makes us want to farm? For us it must be the romance of being a farmer. I think this is the reason because I have always dreamed of having my own land and making a living on the land. If you could see the future I wonder how many of us farmers would of taken the easy road.... a house in the city or on the outskirts, a factory job, a clean car, small yard and a little garden. We could of had a social life, picnics, vacations, church activities and a nap now and then. So what drove us to this place in time where we thought we would make a difference in this whole world thing? I have no answers for these questions..... wait ..... I believe in God and that he has a plan for my life and my families... so I guess the answer to all those questions is ..... I trust The Father in Heaven is going or is doing wonderful things in our lives because we are doing as He has asked and provided for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment