Saturday, July 23, 2011

BBQ/ Cheese Class

Well the morning started off pretty busy. I was up at 5:30am and headed out to clean the milk parlor. One of Danyel's friends spent the night and so she did the milking for me. I had to label some cheese for Danyel to go to market and then get ready for the cheese class. I had my booklets to still put together and the house needed vaccumed, mopped and swept. Then the table and chairs put out for the class. I made lunch, Chicken Broccoli Braid. The was cooking the chicken arranging and mixing the ingredents together so that I could put it in the oven at 11:30 so we could eat on time. I had to wash dishes in the processing plant from packaging and making cheese the day before. Oh did I mention 3 of my grandsons from 14 - 7 were here too. I told them to play games down stairs and stay hid during my cheese class. Those boys were amazing they were quiet and we never heard or saw them the whole 4 hours...
The class went great, there was 10 people in the class and they all enjoyed themselves. The cheese all worked and the luch was wonderful. We took the tour of the farm and everyone was on thier way by 2pm. Then I started with Katies help to clean up the house again _ to get ready for the BBQ at 6pm. I made potatoe salad (10# of potatoes - 1 dozen eggs - 1large walla walla onion - and about 8 dill pickles). I had to unthaw the 4 pounds of hamburger and make patties. Katie was working right beside me most of the afternoon. Amazing we were ready when family started showing up. David and Danyel were at markets all day. So when David got home he was the BBQ man. I ran over and cleaned the milk parlor so the kids could milk, feed and water the goats. Boy I was so tired. Then it happened after milking was done..... Danyel fell off the manuer mountain and hit her head and hurt her shoulder.... One of the grandsons came running over and said Danyel fell and hurt herself and can't get up.. well visions of -not suger plums- danced in my head... I start yelling should I call 911 but David said no and helped Danyel up and thus we put ice on her, checked her back out and arms - nothing was broke. But she says it really hurts and so she has her arm in a sling and taking some asprin. After this mis hap, the two girls helped or actaully did the rest of the labeling and weighing of the about 80 pieces of cheese for market today. David loaded the car up for Danyel and did his own too. And then I went to bed and the girls did too. We put the boys in a tent outside...
This moring Danyel said she couldn't drive cause it hurt to much to turn her head. Its was 5:30am. Plan B... we went into action the girls all got up and we got right onto the chores, I cleaned the parlor and the girls loaded the goats and fed the rest of them. The boys got up at 6:45 and did t he watering. I finished milking the does at 7:25am and then I told the boys to eat breakfast and stay in the house so I could run the 3 of the 4 girls to Olympia to sell cheese today. Danyel is there supervising and Kiara and Katie are selling cheese and taking care of Danyel. I am now back home and Katline did a fine job of babysitting while I was gone. Now my plans for the rest of the day is to take the 5 grandchildren for a ride on the steam train in Chehalis at 1pm today. I will go and pick up the girls in Olympia as close to 3 as I can. Then back home to unload, inventory and then onto chores. I will be doing chores tonight....Danyel is kind of out of it.... I will have to do all the milking until she feels better. It looks like I might have to do Fri. and Sat. Olympia Market next week too.....
Well that is the exciting evening and morning at Blue Rose Dairy

No comments:

Post a Comment