Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sat. Market - Running

I must of set my alarm for 5pm instead of am, because the girls woke me up at 5:30am. We started a half hour behind this morning - when timing is everything. I have to leave at 7am and David leaves at 7:30am and the girls get picked up for Civil Air Patrol at 7:15am. Milking takes 1 1/2 hours and the other chores take about 35 min. each. David loaded the truck and car for market. I filled up the water containers with hot water, and my thermos with hot coffee. Danyel has to get all the uniforms ready today, for a uniform inspection. Anyway every one is moving in some direction.
I cleaned the parlor last night so all I needed to do this morning was hook up the suckers. I had to take a bag of grain to the milking parlor too, so Ali would have grain to start milking. David can fill the grain thing up when he goes out.
I packaged Chevre up last night too and labeled, Marinated Feta and Fresh Feta. My chevre didn't turn out as good as it has been. Its too soft for my liking but it tastes good. I packaged up just what I needed and let the rest hang over night. This morning I put it in the refrigerator and it looked alittle more firm. I also made another batch of chevre, 50 gallons. I'll hang it up this afternoon when I get home from market. I have only one more market to do and then I'll finish the month off with my cheese class. Speaking of that I have 16 people signed up. I am getting calls daily though to sign up.
Well got to go get dressed for market and hit the road. You have a great day and remember to smell the flowers one last time, for winter is here and the smell needs to last you till spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment