Sunday, January 18, 2009

Its a Sunny Day!


Its a Great Morning:


Klahowya (Kl a how ya) Cowlitz Indian Jargon - Means: Hello or Good-by


I got up at 5am to make up some packages of garlic and dill chevre and to package some marinated feta for David. I also packaged up some plain yogurt and some fruit yogurt for David to take to market tomorrow. I still need to lable and make an invoice for the yogurt.
This is Elfy our Lamancha doe

Ali went to market with David today. Danyel and I have to go to Sunday school this morning so Danyel can take her class on baptism. She is getting baptized on Wed. evening. We are very excited.

The Indian Language class was great. We learned alot and I am looking forward to being able to talk to others with this old but new language. Grandfather Roy is an awsome teacher and he is a great guy too. We met alot of nice people. One lady who comes from Rainier Oregon was there, she also comes to our farm and buys whole rounds of our cheeses. So she caught me at the end of the lesson and ordered a round out of our first milkings in Feb. Ya!

Danyel and I have about 4 goats to band horn on today. So that will be our afternoon after church. I'll post the pictures tomorrow and directions on how we do it.

We only got a gallon of milk out of the 6 goats this morning and I think I'll have Ali only milk three tomorrow and then a different three the next day and so before the end of the week all milking will be done. I'll have about 7 gallons froze for yogurt. My fresh feta will be ready to package on Wed. of this week. David can't hardly wait - thats one of our popular cheeses at the market.

Well have a Great Day.

There is no more important spiritual and practical lesson we can teachour children than the principle of sowing and reaping. Choices always have consequences.

Do not be deiceved, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sowes, that he will also reap. (Galations 6:7)

And what better way to teach this than owning a farm, working a garden, raising an animal for slaughter, or for showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment